Here’s an updated patch with my latest changes including:
- Optimised performance—a lot of unnecessary rendering has been filtered out and the profiling I was able to perform suggests this has made a significant difference, especially when the animation is frozen.
- Animation now pauses and resets when the page is cached in the bfcache.
- Better thread safety.
- Animation now starts at the same time as the SVGLoad event (although this has meant a regression in the deferred tree test case).
- Support for pausing via the DOM (see this test case).
- Animation is now disabled if the
image.animation_modepref is set to ‘none’ (although I’m not sure if this is a good idea).
- Fixed the to-animation prioritisation issue Olaf pointed out.
- The frozen to animation test case now produces the correct result in all cases (although there are still unresolved issues with regard to seeking).
The latest patch is at: smil-anim-2005-10-16-1736.patch.
I’ve also put up my configure script
as some people have had trouble regenerating the script from
You might like to read Twitwi’s comment for some help on applying the patch.